Why is the Word incredible?
It has survived centuries of attack despite attempts to destroy or hide it and it will change your life from the inside out. Reading, pondering and thinking about the Word will make life-changing differences which will have an eternal impact, This is why it is incredible.
Quote from “The Word for Today” about the Word published by Rhema Media.
“The Bible is more than just a doctrinal guidebook. It creates faith, produces change, causes miracles, heals hurts, builds character, transforms circumstances, imparts joy, overcomes adversity, defeats temptation, builds hope, releases power, cleanses minds, brings things into being and guarantees your future. You can’t survive without it. It’s as essential to your life as food.”
The Word of God makes statements about itself giving reasons why it will make you a better follower of Jesus:
- John 1:1-14 – The Word of God (The Bible) is an expression of Jesus in written form and when illuminated by the Holy Spirit for you as a believer, it will change your life.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – It is good for teaching, correcting and training in righteousness. This is your opportunity to sort out life’s issues with guidance from the Creator.
- Hebrews 4:12 – It helps us understand the thoughts and intentions of our hearts when often we don’t know what or why we are thinking the way we do.
- Psalm 119:105 – It is a light to guide us. It is a guide to navigating life in a world where it is often difficult to know what to do in the circumstances we face.
- Romans 15:4 – It gives encouragement, especially when endurance is required.
- Psalm 1:3, Joshua 1:8 – Like Joshua, meditating on the Word can help make your path in life be successful.
- Matthew 4:1-11, Ephesians 6:17 – We are all in a battle and the Word is a defence weapon that will help you fight the enemy and resist temptation.
We have more access to the Word than ever before in history and yet we often fail to appreciate its value and set aside a regular time to read it. It will prepare you for eternity.
Statistics indicate only a small proportion of Christians spend time daily in reading scripture. By allowing the Word of God to be our daily “Go-To” it becomes an unchanging foundation and reliable guide to our lives especially when we put what we read into practice.
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock….Jesus
At this point, you may not realise how important this topic is. Here is a quote that might give you some perspective:
“We can’t be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, identifying and eradicating sin in our lives, unless we read scripture and do what it says. We can’t see ourselves accurately until we see God for all that He is. We can’t even begin to reach for sanctification and holiness until we begin to see the utter holiness of our great God as He is revealed in the Bible. Until we turn to His Word, until we study it and live with it and treat it like food and air, then we will never be able to untangle the mystery of the human experience, and we will be fooled into believing that things like shopping carts separate the decent people from the awful ones.” Melissa Edgington May 11 2018 Church Leaders.
- Work our a plan to read the Word daily asking the Spirit to teach you and highlight scriptures to you. Start with what works for you, even if only a few verses.
- Watch this video below from the awesome people at The Bible Project.