The purpose of this site is to provide information for new Christian believers.
The information is intentionally as brief as possible, with the aim of making it readable for those new to the faith, who are looking for a quick source of basic information. Many readers take in the site over a few visits and the topics are grouped in sections to help you do this. Every page of information has been chosen with intent and covers important topics that will help establish your faith.
The idea for this came from:
- Looking back and thinking about the number of friends from my youth days as a Christian who were or were not following the Lord.
- Considering the drop off from Church of young adults and pondering what they (including my three young adult children) needed to know and understand, to ensure they continued in the faith.
- A realization that many new believers in many churches were not getting the input they needed to become a lifelong follower of Jesus.
With the words of Matthew 7:24-25, came questions:
- What can make a difference? and
- What have I have learned in life, decades of study and from others that I can pass on?
- What do new Christians need, to help them establish a foundation, so that when the storms of life or even the distractions of life come, they are prepared and remain strong in the faith?
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
The command of Jesus was to “Make disciples” (Matthew 28:19) and I hope this website goes some way toward helping new believers become disciples.
Statement of Faith:
- We can only be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inerrant and inspired Word of God.
- There is one eternal God in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The indwelling Holy Spirit lives within the believer and empowers us to be followers of Jesus.
- It is important to be connected to some form of community of faith (Church)
I hope you give time to read the pages on this site over a number of visits and that your faith grows as a result.
Robert Ellis, B.Com, CA, Dip Psych, GradDipTh
New Christian Foundations (Aug 2018)